Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Riverside smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in complete command of your Riverside home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and find tips to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Riverside do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular functionality and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote operability with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can execute:
- Review real-time or saved footage from any linked surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Riverside by programming schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in the home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The main screen will show a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Note that you may still arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then have to verify that you want to ignore the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Riverside
Even though various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will likely want to add an additional user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote capability, tap phone or email and submit the information to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, simply proceed to the menu, press users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Riverside home security system. Call (951) 477-3741 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.